National Elementary Honor Society
- NEHS was launched in April 2008 as a joint effort between NASSP and NAESP to promote academic excellence and service at all levels.
- Program was modeled after NJHS and NHS, the nation’s oldest student recognition programs.
- Supported nationally by NASSP, the same organization that supports the National Association for Student Councils.
- To spread student recognition to elementary level creating a continuum of excellence and recognition and to start students early on the path to maintaining excellent academic focus and community service.
- Recognize the importance of elementary schools as a foundation for success in secondary schools.
- Reward students who demonstrate achievement and personal responsibility, provide meaningful service to the community and to develop essential leadership skills beginning in elementary school.
Student Referral Process
- Currently in the 5th or 6th grade.
- Obtain a cumulative 3.5 GPA for 3 trimesters in a row.
- Receive teacher recommendation
- Participate in meetings, induction rehearsal, induction ceremony, and service minutes.
- Maintain 3.5 GPA or higher for every trimester they are a member of NEHS
- Participate in monthly NEHS meetings while on track
- Promote and uphold the the mission of NEHS
- Organize and participate in at least a minimum of 10 service hours per trimester (combination of during and after school activities).
- Maintain excellent behavior at school-serve as a role model for others.